1. Must be at least 21 years old.
2. Must complete our foster application.
3. Must agree to a home visit by our Foster Program Coordinator or Foster Mentor.
4. Must be willing to be trained by Foster Mentor on how to care for your foster dog and how to do home checks and interviews for potential adopters.
5. Must provide requested medical information for all personal pets that would be in contact with the foster animal(s).
6. Must sign the foster agreement pertaining to the animal(s) you are fostering.
7. Must provide in-home care for BARX animals assigned under the foster program and return animals to BARX on the date requested.
8. Must be able to transport the dog when needed to grooming appointments and adoption events.
9. Must keep appropriate weight, medication and/or behavioral records on the foster animal(s) while in your care.
10. Send weekly progress report card to Foster Coordinator via email BARXDogRescue@gmail.com or take a picture of the report that is clearly readable and text it to us.
11. Present a profile and description of personality of the animal to BARX Rescue Squad for marketing at the end of week 1 of fostering.
This program is an opportunity for you to:
Help BARX save more animals by providing a temporary home to a dog in need so we can take in more animals from other shelters. Give love and affection to an animal that is maybe the first safe human interactions for that animal and will give a lasting foundation for human interaction to that baby. Provide a safe environment for frightened or un-socialized animals that have not learned humans can be trusted. You can help them learn new behaviors and better ways to interact. Make them the best adoptable pet they can be!